Open Thread and Diary Rescue
Tonight’s rangers are mem from somerville, blank frank, HoosierDeb, ybruti, and mtperson, with jlms qkw and YatPundit sharing edit duties.
Remember, this is the best writing of the day, albeit under-appreciated thus far. Show the diarists some recommends, comments, and mojo.
- Leroy the Roadie shares a sharp-edged personal story of judgments made and reconsidered in Lest ye be judged… (mtperson)
- Stuart Heady uses personal examples to explain Political Literacy, Pt 1: Layers of Experience. (ybruti)
- michelewln pauses to reminisce and catches a whiff in Everythings Coming Up Roses. (mem from somerville)
- jlms qkw brings the backstory and the forward story of NFTT: Whodat Does Netroots for the Troops? (mem from somerville)
- Drug resistant staph infections can be dramatically reduced with some common sense changes, as detailed by MarkShablamy in Lessons from Norway (health care reformers take notice!) (mtperson)
- wheatdogg recounts his efforts to explain Christmas to Chinese college students and uncovers a vibrant, unanimous desire for travel in [Teacher's Lounge] ESL students meet Dickens’ Christmas, yearn for travel. (HoosierDeb)
- StandUpToRacism describes a neighbor’s sudden loss of independence in New Years Day: Real Life at Eighty-Two. (ybruti)
- Cassiodorus looks at certain debacles in California and asks, What happened to education politics? (jlms qkw)
- Mokurai discusses children’s rights and possible futures in Last of all, the children. (ybruti)
jotter has High Impact Diaries: January 1, 2009.
sardonyx tells us who has lots of time to type in Top Comments: The Prolific Commenters, October through December 2009.
Please join us this evening by suggesting your favorite diaries from today in this Open Thread.